Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 7

Well, I'm down five pounds this week. I'm sure it's water weight. According to my sweet doctor, a gallon of water is eight pounds. But, I'm happy to lose anything at this point...even if it's a haircut that takes off eight ounces! But I am super surprised at the weight loss considering my daughter made me a pineapple upside-down cake (my favorite) for my birthday on Tuesday. And my grandmother died Saturday, wake on my birthday and funeral on Wed. The emotions generally put me into a binge, but I limited my binge to unlimited cake on Tuesday. It kept me from crying in my cake all day.

On a happier note...
I discovered the best snack in the world this week. The FULLBITES cheddar snacks. It's not that they're so delicious (and they ARE good), but they're very filling and 150 calories. They made for a great lunch today.

I've been checking into lapband surgery and made an appointment to talk to my doctor. At this point, appetite suppresants aren't an option because of my heart. My insurance will probably pay for the surgery, but I have a major problem with it. Several people I know who've had the surgery (maybe six of the eight) have had major health problems. One died. One is in a wheel chair with a feeding tube. It's all because of the surgery, and all done by different doctors.

The problem seems to be with the fact they're on starvation diets post op. Well, I can do that to myself under doctor supervision without going under the knife. According to surgery websites, patients endure weeks of protien shakes and liquids pre and post-op. Then food is slowly added back. Of course, you can't have soft drinks because of the carbonation. Carbs, or anything else that might pose the least bit unhealthy. And a lot of things that are healthy.

And you can't swallow big pills.

Or alcoholic drinks.

So, I'm thinking that instead of subjecting myself to an indefinite amount of starvation, I'll just stick to cutting myself back and reminding myself of the surgery option. If I can't get my weight down in a year, I'll have the damned surgery.

I think that in the meantime, I'll join Weight Watchers online to monitor myself.
And eat lots of Fullbites.
:-)

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina

brought to you by AllBlogTools.com Blogger templates